1. What makes Fancy Hair extensions better than other clip-in hair extensions on the market?
Fancy Hair extensions are made of the finest 100% Remy Human Hair. Each strand that goes into a set of our extensions are meticulously collected by hand so that the cuticles are all facing in the same direction to minimize tangling and matting. Our triple reinforced lace wefts minimize shedding while extending the lifespan of our hair extensions. High quality pressure clips are sewn onto the wefts that grip onto hair and securely stay in place without any pulling. Our hair extensions are silky, shiny and thick from top to bottom to give you healthy, luscious looking hair with gorgeous length and volume. Every one of our colors features multi-tonal adapting coloring technology that blends naturally and seamlessly with your natural hair, even if it is a slightly different shade. Our hair extensions also have a much longer lifespan than most hair extensions on the market with a lifespan of 4 to 12 months, depending on how often they are worn and how well they are taken care of.
Fancy Hair extensions are also made of the finest 100% Asian Remy human hair. Asian hair is the strongest and most resilient hair type in the world, and also the most in demand.
2. How can I increase the lifespan of my Fancy Hair clip-in hair extensions?
The lifespan of Fancy Hair extensions is usually 4 to 12 months, depending on how often they are worn and how well they are taken care of. To maximize their lifespan, you have to take good care of them. Here are some hair care tips to help you extend the lifespan of your Fancy Hair extensions:
Important Hair Care Tips:
• Always brush your hair extensions gently with a soft bristle brush before and after use, and always begin brushing from the bottom and work your way up to the top
• Never brush your hair extensions when they are wet
• Fancy Hair extensions should be washed every 10 to 20 wears or when there is too much product build-up and they become unmanageable or difficult to style
• Store your hair extensions in a box or container in a dry and cool area. You may use our Fancy Hair packaging box for storing your hair extensions when they are not in use.
• Make sure that you collect all of the wefts in the same direction when you are storing them and tie an elastic around the top of the hair extensions to keep them together and tangle-free.
• IMPORTANT WASHING INSTRUCTIONS: To wash, gather all the wefts together and tie an elastic around the top so they stay together and all of the hair is facing the same direction. This will minimize tangling when you wash them. Place the extensions in a container filled with lukewarm water, and then apply a small amount of shampoo to the water. Gently massage and rinse out the shampoo. Repeat this process with the conditioner and rinse thoroughly. We recommend using a natural, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair extensions soft, silky and shiny for longer. Untie the hair extensions, carefully separate and lay them out onto a towel to air dry completely. DO NOT brush the extensions while they are still wet! Once they are dry, generously spray on a detangling spray, and gently brush out each weft starting from the ends and working your way up to the top. Now they're ready to be clipped into your hair and styled.
• Always use a heat-protectant serum or spray when using hot styling tools such as flat irons and curling irons on your hair extensions.
• Never set your hot styling tools higher than 360F. The melting point of human hair is 450F. Temperatures close to this point can be very damaging to your hair and can cause breaking, splitting, tangling and matting. To extend the lifespan of your hair extensions, we recommend keeping the temperature between 290F-360F depending on how long your hair is being exposed to the hot styling tool. Flat irons can be kept between 320F-360F and curling irons or wands between 290F-300F.
• Invest in high quality hair styling products. Some gels, oils, serums, etc. may have ingredients that could be damaging to your hair and hair extensions. We recommend investing in 100% natural and organic hair products to maintain the quality and long lifespan of your hair extensions.
• Do not use hair care products that contain sulfates or alcohol (unless they're fatty alcohols which condition your hair such as cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol). All sulfates and most alcohols are chemicals that can dry out human hair overtime, making them difficult to manage and can cause them to break from the lack of moisture. Here is a list of hair care ingredients to avoid: Certain alcohols (such as isopropyl alcohol, propanol, propyl alcohol, SD alcohol 40), PEG (polyethylene glycol), PG (propylene glycol), SLS or SLES (sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate), chlorine, mineral oil, and petrolatum. Please take the time to read the ingredient labels on all your hair care products before applying them to your Fancies.
• If possible, do not dye your hair extensions. Any chemical processing can alter the quality or shorten the lifespan of your hair extensions. If you must dye them, please take them to a professional colorist with previous experience.
• We recommend doing coconut oil treatments on your hair extensions before washing them. Since Fancy Hair extensions are made from 100% human hair, they will benefit from this treatment just as much as your own hair, and will keep your hair extensions looking and feeling healthier for longer. Invest in a high quality coconut oil that's organic, virgin and cold-pressed for optimal results (usually $8 - $15). Disperse a generous amount of the oil throughout the hair extensions from top to bottom before washing and allow the oil to penetrate the hair for at least 1 hour. Ideally, you want to leave it in the oil overnight. When you're ready to wash your hair extensions, simply wash out the oil, and shampoo and condition as usual. Coconut oil is the only oil that can fully penetrate deeply into human hair strands, preventing color fading and dullness, as well as leaving your hair extensions looking healthy and shiny. We recommend trying this treatment on your own hair too!
3. What is the difference between 120-grams, 160-grams and 240-grams Fancy Hair extensions?
Besides the weight and the number of wefts included in each set, there is absolutely no difference in quality and workmanship between the three sets that we offer. Each set is customized to provide full coverage and seamless blending for finer, medium to very thick hair types. Our 120-gram set is ideal for those with finer hair types, our 160-gram set is ideal for medium thick hair types, and our 240-gram set is ideal for those with very thick hair types. The only factor that differentiates one weight from another is the number and size of wefts included in the 120-gram, 160-gram and 240-gram sets.
4. What are Remy Human Hair Extensions?
Remy Human Hair Extensions are the highest grade of human hair extensions available on the market. Fancy Hair extensions are made of the finest 100% Remy Human Hair, which means that they are not mixed with any synthetic or non-human hair fibers. Remy hair is collected with all of the cuticles facing in the same direction. This technique helps minimize tangling and matting. The strands are then machine sewn, and reinforced with lace to minimize shedding and to extend the lifespan of your hair extensions. Because the cuticles are gathered in the same direction, Remy human hair maintains a very natural look and seamlessly blends with your natural hair because our own hair cuticles grow in the same direction. Remy human hair has a texture that is very similar to most hair textures, which is why it looks so natural when clipped into your hair. It is also silkier, shinier, and softer than non-Remy human hair, and may be washed and styled just like your own.
5. What's the difference between 100% Remy Human Hair extensions and other synthetic hair extensions on the market?
Remy Human Hair extensions are the finest and highest quality of hair extensions available on the market (please see FAQ number 4 for more information). Synthetic hair extensions are made out of artificial hair fibers that are either man-made or derived from animals. Synthetic hair extensions do not look and feel like natural hair, and do not blend well with your natural hair. They also cannot be styled and washed like Remy human hair extensions, and have a much shorter lifespan.
6. How do I clip in my hair extensions into my natural hair and how long does it take to put them in?
The easiest way to clip in your hair extensions is to start clipping them in from the nape of your neck and work up to the top. We recommend setting aside the four 1-clip wefts and using these to fill in any areas where you need extra coverage after you've clipped in all the other wefts. For the other wefts, we recommend clipping in the smallest wefts at the nape of your neck and using the larger wefts as you make your way up.
There are no rules on how to clip in your hair extensions. You can always clip them in differently based on what's comfortable for you, where you would like more coverage and the hairstyle you are creating.
Once you get used to clipping in your hair extensions, it can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to put them in, and about 1 to 2 minutes to remove them.
7. Can Fancy Hair extensions be washed and styled?
Since Fancy Hair extensions are made out of 100% Remy Human Hair, they may be styled and washed just like your own hair. They can be straightened, curled, waved, and washed every 10 to 20 wears (or longer), depending on how often you wear them and how much product build-up is on the hair extensions. It is also safe to use styling products on your Fancy Hair extensions, such as oils, sprays, and gels, but please keep in mind that some types of styling products can shorten the lifespan and quality of your hair extensions depending on their ingredients (look out for sulfates and harsh chemicals to prevent this from happening). The only styling products that will not affect the lifespan of your hair extensions are 100% natural hair products, so try to invest in these if you want to maintain the quality and long lifespan of your hair extensions.
8. How long does it take to receive my Fancy Hair extensions once I place my order?
Orders take 1 to 2 business days to be processed once an order is placed. Shipping times vary depending on your location and customs clearance. Delivery time to the U.S. and Canada is 2 to 5 business days for hair extension order and international delivery times can take 6 to 20 business days. Swatch orders can take 2-5 business days for U.S. customers, 3-10 business days for Canadian customers, and 6-20 business days for International customers. Fancy Hair is not responsible for delayed delivery due to customs clearance or courier delays.
9. Can Fancy Hair extensions be shipped outside of North America?
Yes, we now proudly offer free and fast shipping on hair extension orders to countries outside of North America!
10. What is your return and exchange policy?
Please note that we will only accept exchanges or refunds within 30 days of you receiving your order. Returns must be sent back exactly as they were sent to you. There must be no missing pieces (such as hair nets, gold twist ties, etc.). The hair extensions must be in their original product packaging and the security seal must not be broken or removed. If the packaging has been opened or damaged, or if the hair extensions have been worn or tampered with, please understand that we will not be able to process a refund or exchange request due to hygienic reasons. Human hair extensions are a hygienic product, and providing all of our customers with high quality hair extensions that are safe for the health of the public is our main priority. Once the hair extensions are tampered with in any way, we can no longer guarantee their safety, which is why we cannot accept them for a return or exchange. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
All returns and exchanges must go through a mandatory inspection by our quality assurance team once they are received If the above instructions are not followed, your return or exchange request may be denied.
If you have not opened, worn or tampered with the packaging or the hair extensions, and would like to request a return or exchange, you can do so by contacting us using this link within 30 days of receiving your Fancy Hair extensions. Please send us detailed photographs of the set you would like to return so we may determine if you are eligible for a return or exchange. If you are eligible for a return or exchange, we will issue you a return address along with further instructions.
All returns and exchanges sent back to us will be thoroughly inspected by our quality assurance team. Returns or exchanges must be sent back in their original, unopened packaging, and you must include a copy of your receipt of purchase, contact information and reason for return. The packaging must not be damaged in any way or have any missing pieces, otherwise, we will not be able to fulfill your return or exchange request.
Please note that Fancy Hair is not responsible for any shipping and/or handling fees for returns or exchanges. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay for these costs. The shipping fee paid by Fancy Hair to ship your original order is also non-refundable.
We highly recommend using a tracking number when shipping your order back to us to ensure that it gets delivered. Fancy Hair will not be responsible for lost returns, and if your parcel is lost, there is nothing we can do to assist you further. Please also indicate on the parcel "NO DUTIES - RETURN." If you do not indicate this on the parcel, your parcel will be returned to you and we will not be able to fulfill your return or exchange request.
Please be sure to provide us with all your tracking information, such as courier and tracking number, as soon as you ship your return so we can make a note on your account. Not providing this information can delay the return or exchange process.
Once you have submitted your request for a return, and your return has passed inspection and has been approved by our quality assurance team, you will receive a full refund for the amount you paid for the returned item (not including any costs associated with shipping your original order). If it is an exchange request, we will fulfill the request for you in a timely manner, and will correspond with you directly by email to further assist you with the exchange process.
11. How do I select a color that is closest to my current hair color?
All of our colors feature multi-tonal adapting coloring technology, which allows our hair extensions to blend with hair colors that might be slightly darker or lighter. In the case that you are still uncertain about which one of our colors is your closest color match, we have a few ways to assist you:
A. Let Us Tell You About Our Swatch Program
Fancy Hair is the first hair extension company to offer color swatches at no additional cost. So how does it work? Simply select up to 4 color swatches of your choice from our beautiful range of colors, and place your order. Each swatch is $2.95, but as soon as you place your swatch order, you will instantly be emailed a gift card for the amount you spent on your swatches.
When you're ready to place an order for a full set of Fancy Hair extensions, you can use your gift card towards your purchase. So this means, you are essentially getting your swatches at no additional cost. And if for whatever reason you decide not to purchase a full set of hair extensions, you can return your swatches for a full refund.
B. Email Us Your Photos
Our customer service team is always happy to assist you with color matching through photos. Simply send us 3-4 photos of your current hair color or the hair color you want your hair extensions to match to (if you will be coloring your own hair to match the hair extensions after). Make sure that the photographs are high quality and taken in natural light from different angles (back, front and sides), and please make sure that the ends of your hair are clearly visible in the photographs as this is the part of your hair that needs to blend with the hair extensions.
Once we receive your photos, we will email you back within 24-72 hours with a color recommendation. Please send your photos to: email@example.com with the subject "Color Matching."
NOTE: Color matching over the computer is not 100% accurate! To get your closest color match and to avoid a return or exchange, please visit our swatch store by clicking here
C. Dye Your Hair to Match Your Hair Extensions
If you love one of our colors but you are not sure if it is your best color match, you can select this color and then dye your natural hair to match the color of the hair extensions. Simply bring your Fancy Hair extensions to your colorist and ask him or her to match your natural hair color to the color of the hair extensions.
12. Can Fancy Hair extensions be toned or colored?
Fancy Hair extensions may be easily toned down using a purple shampoo or a gentle toner. If you ordered a set that has more golden or reddish undertones in comparison to your hair color, you can safely get your Fancies to match your color this way and get a custom color for seamless blending.
Fancy Hair extensions may also be colored, but we advise that they be taken to a professional and experienced colorist who has previous experience with dyeing hair extensions. Fancy Hair extensions have already undergone a chemical process that allows them to accept color change, however, please keep in mind that their quality and lifespan will be affected every time they are chemically processed. This is why we recommend that you dye your own hair to match the extensions instead of the alternative.
If you wish to dye your hair extensions, we strongly advise that you use a semi-permanent dye which is much more gentle on the hair and test the smallest weft with the dye first prior to coloring the full set to make sure that the resulting shade is what you want. We also do not recommend dyeing the hair extensions a lighter shade because this process requires them to be bleached. Bleaching is an extremely harsh chemical process and it can severely damage the quality of your hair extensions and shorten their lifespan.
Another tip is to use a dye that is as natural as possible. Henna dye and ammonia free dyes are much safer to use and will minimize any damage to your Fancies so you can enjoy them for as long as possible.
13. The item I ordered is out of stock. When will I get my order?
If you placed an order for an item that is "out of stock," you will be placed on our pre-order list. This means that you are guaranteed a reservation on the item you ordered and you will be one of the first to receive the item once it is restocked. You will also automatically be sent a confirmation email as soon as your order is shipped out. Usually, out of stock items are restocked within 1-3 weeks, but popular colors sell out fast and we cannot guarantee their availability or put items on hold if you are not on our pre-order list. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
14. How do I know what weight to get?
Take your pointer finger and thumb and wrap them around all of your hair at the nape of your neck. If the circumference of this space in between your fingers is 0.5" or less, your hair is on the thinner side and you can go with the 120G set. If the circumference is between 0.5" - 1", your hair is on the medium thick side and you can go with the 160G set. If the circumference is greater than 1", your hair is on the thicker side and you can go with the 240G set.
15. Will they blend with short hair?
Yes, Fancy Hair extensions may be blended with short hair types. We would recommend having hair that's at least 4" long for the most natural blending.
16. Will they blend with ombre hair?
Yes, Fancy Hair extensions can be blended in with ombre hair, as long as you match the color of the extensions to the color of the ends of your hair. In some cases, if your ombre starts lower down your hair strands, it might be best to dye the top of your hair extensions the same color as your darker transition color so that they will blend more naturally and seamlessly.